RECIPES & MEALS
Skillet Chicken & Rice
Courtesy of Campbell's® Kitchen
Prep Time: 5 Min.
Cook Time: 35 Min.
What you need:
* 1-1/4 lb. boneless skinless chicken breast halves, cut into cubes
* 1-3/4 c. Swanson® Chicken Broth or Swanson® Chicken Stock
* 1/2 tsp. dried basil leaves, crushed
* 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
* 3/4 c. uncooked regular long grain white rice
* 1 pkg. (16 oz.) frozen vegetable combination (broccoli, cauliflower, carrots)
What to do:
1. Cook the chicken in a 10-in. nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until well browned, stirring often. Remove the chicken from the skillet.
2. Stir the broth, basil and garlic powder in the skillet and heat to a boil. Stir in the rice. Reduce the heat to low. Cover and cook for 5 min.
3. Stir in the vegetables. Return the chicken to the skillet. Cover and cook for 15 min. or until the chicken is cooked through and the rice is tender.
Calories: 333; Total Fat: 4g; Saturated Fat: 1g; Cholesterol: 85mg; Total Carbs: 36g; Fiber: 4g; Protein: 35g; Sodium: 494mg;