RECIPES & MEALS
Sundried Tomato Quiche in Crispy Potato Crust
Courtesy of The incredible edible egg™
Prep Time: 25 Min.
Cook Time: 75 Min.
What you need:
* 4 eggs
* 1-1/2 c. whipping cream
* 1 tsp. dried basil
* 1 tsp. dried oregano
* 1/4 tsp. sea salt
* 1/8 tsp. ground red pepper
* 1 pkg. (3 oz.) sun-dried tomatoes, chopped (1 c.)
* 1/4 c. chopped green onions
* 1 c. chopped ham
* 1-1/2 c. shredded Swiss cheese (6 oz.)
Crispy Potato Crust:
* non-stick cooking spray
* 1 large potato, thinly sliced
What to do:
1. Crust: Heat oven to 425°F. Coat deep 9-in. pie pan with cooking spray. Arrange potato slices in bottom and up sides of pan, overlapping slightly, to form crust. Spray potatoes with cooking spray. Bake in 425°F oven until potatoes are lightly browned and slightly crisp, 20 to 25 min.
2. Meanwhile beat eggs, cream, basil, oregano, salt and pepper in medium bowl until blended.
3. Remove crust from oven. Reduce oven setting to 350°F. Layer tomatoes, green onions, ham and cheese evenly in crust. Pour egg mixture slowly over cheese. Bake in center of 350°F oven until center is almost set but jiggles slightly when pan is gently shaken and knife inserted near center comes out clean, 40 to 50 min. Let stand 5 min. Cut into wedges.
"For more ways to enjoy The incredible edible egg™, visit incredibleegg.org"
Calories: 475; Total Fat: 34g; Saturated Fat: 20g; Cholesterol: 264mg; Total Carbs: 22g; Fiber: 3g; Protein: 22g; Sodium: 751mg;