RECIPES & MEALS
Pepper and Herb-Crusted Beef Tenderloin
Courtesy of The Beef Checkoff
Prep Time: 20 Min.
Cook Time: 50 Min.
What you need:
* 1 whole (4-5 lb.) beef tenderloin roast
* 2 cloves minced garlic
* 2 tsp. cracked mixed peppercorns
* 1 tsp. dried basil leaves
* 1 tsp. dried leaf oregano
What to do:
1. Heat oven to 425°F. Combine seasoning ingredients; press evenly onto all surfaces of beef roast.
2. Place roast on rack in shallow roasting pan. Insert ovenproof meat thermometer so tip is centered in thickest part of beef, not resting in fat. Do not add water or cover. Roast in 425°F oven 50-60 min. for medium rare; 60-70 min. for medium doneness.
3. Remove roast when meat thermometer registers 135°F for medium rare; 150°F for medium. Transfer roast to carving board; tent loosely with aluminum foil. Let stand 15-20 min. (Temperature will continue to rise about 10°F to reach 145°F for medium rare; 160°F for medium.)
4. Carve roast into thick slices; season with salt, as desired.
* Recipe Courtesy of The Beef Checkoff
Calories: 381; Total Fat: 2g; Cholesterol: 141mg; Total Carbs: 1g; Protein: 47g; Sodium: 104mg;