RECIPES & MEALS
Steak with Gorgonzola Thyme Crust
Courtesy of Wisconsin Milk Marketing Board
Prep Time: 10 Min.
Cook Time: 8 Min.
What you need:
* 2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
* 2-6 oz. beef tenderloins, Petite steaks or small rib-eye steaks, cut 3/4" thick
* 1 large or 2 small cloves garlic, minced
* 1/4 tsp. freshly ground pepper
* 2 tsp. chopped fresh thyme or 1/2 tsp. dried
* 1/2 c. (2 oz.) crumbled Gorgonzola cheese
What to do:
1. Preheat the broiler.
2. Spoon the Worcestershire sauce over both sides of the steaks; let stand for 5 min.
3. Sprinkle the garlic and pepper over the steaks. Place the steaks on the rack of the broiler pan. Broil 3 to 4 inches from the heat source, 3 to 4 min. per side for a medium-rare steak. Remove the pan from the broiler.
4. Sprinkle the thyme, then the cheese, over the steaks. Return the steaks to the oven and broil for 2 min. or until the cheese is golden brown.