RECIPES & MEALS
Veal and Vegetable Soup
Courtesy of The Beef Checkoff
Prep Time: 15 Min.
Cook Time: 75 Min.
What you need:
* 2 lb. veal for stew, cut into 1-in. pieces
* 3 tsp. olive oil
* 2 cloves garlic, crushed
* 1/2 tsp. salt
* 3 1/2 c. water
* 1 can (14 to 14 1/2 oz.) ready to serve beef broth
* 1 Tbsp. chopped fresh marjoram or 1 1/2 tsp. dried marjoram leaves,crushed
* 1/4 tsp. coarse grind black pepper
* 1/2 lb. red potatoes, cut into 1-in. cubes (approx. 1-3/4 c.)
* 1 1/2 c. fresh corn kernels or frozen whole kernel corn
* 1 small zucchini, cut lengthwise in half, then cut crosswise into 1/4-in. slices.
What to do:
1. In Dutch oven, heat 2 tsp. oil over medium heat until hot. Add veal and garlic, 1/2 at a time, and brown evenly, stirring occasionally; add remaining oil as needed. Return all veal to pan; season with salt.
2. Add water, broth, marjoram and pepper to pan; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low; cover tightly and simmer 45 min.
3. Add potatoes and corn; continue simmering, covered, 15 min. or until veal and vegetables are tender. Add zucchini; simmer, covered, 5 min. or until zucchini is crisp-tender.
* Recipe Courtesy of The Beef Checkoff
Calories: 264; Total Fat: 9g;