RECIPES & MEALS
Steaked-Out Pita Pizzas
Courtesy of The Beef Checkoff
Prep Time: 15 Min.
Cook Time: 12 Min.
Marinate: 30 Min.
What you need:
* 1 lb. boneless beef shoulder center steaks (Ranch) or boneless top sirloin steak, cut 3/4-in. thick
* 2/3 c. reduced-fat non-creamy Caesar dressing, divided
* 4 whole wheat pita breads
* 3/4 c. shredded reduce-fat Italian cheese blend,divided
* 6 c. loosely packed chopped romaine lettuce (about 6 oz.)
* 1 c. diced seeded tomatoes
* 1/4 tsp. salt
* 1/4 tsp. pepper
What to do:
1 Heat oven to 350°F. Cut beef steak lengthwise in half, then crosswise into 1/8-in. thick strips. Combine beef and 1/3 c. dressing in medium bowl; toss to coat. Cover and marinate in refrigerator 30 min.
2. Place pita breads slightly overlapping on metal baking sheet. Sprinkle 2 Tbsp. cheese on each pita. Bake in 350°F oven 10-12 min. or until pitas are toasted and cheese is melted.
3. Meanwhile, remove beef from marinade, draining well; discard marinade. Heat large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Add 1/2 of beef; stir-fry 1-2 min. or until outside surface of beef is no longer pink. Remove from skillet. Repeat with remaining beef.
4. Toss lettuce, tomatoes and remaining 1/2 c. cheese in large bowl. Add beef and remaining 1/3 c. dressing; toss to coat evenly. Season with salt and pepper. Divide beef mixture evenly over pitas. Serve immediately.
* Recipe Courtesy of The Beef Checkoff
Calories: 432; Total Fat: 15g; Saturated Fat: 5g; Cholesterol: 61mg; Total Carbs: 35g; Fiber: 7g; Protein: 40g; Sodium: 915mg;