RECIPES & MEALS
Tangy Lime Grilled Top Round Steak
Courtesy of The Beef Checkoff
Prep Time: 8 Min.
Cook Time: 9 Min.
Marinate: 6 Hrs.
What you need:
* 1 lb. beef top round steak, cut 3/4-in. thick
* 1/4 c. fresh lime juice
* 2 Tbsp. brown sugar
* 2 Tbsp. vegetable oil
* 1 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
* 3 large cloves garlic, crushed
What to do:
1. Combine lime juice, sugar, oil, Worcestershire and garlic in small bowl. Place beef steak and lime mixture in food-safe plastic bag; turn steak to coat. Close bag securely and marinate in refrigerator 6 hrs. or overnight; turning occasionally.
2. Remove steak from marinade; discard marinade. Place steak on grid over medium, ash-covered coals. Grill, uncovered, 8-9 min. for medium rare (145°F) doneness, turning occasionally. (Do not overcook.)
3. Carve steak into thin slices. Season with salt and pepper, as desired.
* Recipe Courtesy of The Beef Checkoff.
Cabernet-Merlot, Pinot Noir, Merlot
Calories: 205; Total Fat: 8g; Saturated Fat: 2g; Cholesterol: 61mg; Total Carbs: 5g; Protein: 27g; Sodium: 58mg;