RECIPES & MEALS
Asian Beef and Noodle Salad
Courtesy of The Beef Checkoff
Prep Time: 15 Min.
Cook Time: 6 Min.
Marinate: 30 Min.
What you need:
* 1 lb. beef top round steak, cut 1 in. thick
* 8 oz. uncooked whole wheat thin spaghetti
* 8 oz. sugar snap peas
* 2 c. shredded carrots
* 2 Tbsp. toasted sesame seeds (optional)
* 1/2 c. prepared light Asian vinaigrette
* 1/3 c. hoisin sauce
What to do:
1. Cut beef steak lengthwise in half, then crosswise into 1/4 to 1/8-in. thick strips. Combine marinade ingredients in small bowl. Place beef and 1/4 c. marinade in medium bowl; toss to coat. Cover and marinate in refrigerator 30 min. to 2 hrs. Cover and reserve remaining marinade in refrigerator.
2. Cook pasta according to pkg. directions, adding peas and carrots during last 1 to 2 min. and cooking until vegetables are crisp-tender. Drain; place pasta and vegetables in large serving bowl. Set aside.
3. Meanwhile remove steak from marinade; discard marinade. Heat large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Add 1/2 of beef; stir-fry 1 to 3 min. or until outside surface of beef is no longer pink. (Do not overcook.) Repeat with remaining beef. Season with salt and pepper, as desired.
4. Add beef with juices and reserved marinade to pasta and vegetables; toss to combine. Sprinkle with sesame seeds, if desired
* Cook's Tip: One pound boneless beef top sirloin steak, cut 1-in. thick, may be substituted for beef top round steak.
* Recipe Courtesy of The Beef Checkoff
Calories: 523; Total Fat: 11g; Saturated Fat: 3g; Cholesterol: 62mg; Total Carbs: 68g; Fiber: 10g; Protein: 38g; Sodium: 728mg;