RECIPES & MEALS
Winter Squash Custard
Courtesy of The incredible edible egg™
Prep Time: 10 Min.
Cook Time: 30 Min.
What you need:
* 3 eggs
* 1/3 c. packed brown sugar
* 1/2 tsp. salt
* 1/2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
* 1 can (16 oz.) pumpkin
* 1 pkg. (12 oz.) frozen winter squash
* 1/4 c. chopped toasted pecans
What to do:
1. Heat oven to 350°F. Beat eggs, sugar, salt and spice in large bowl until blended. Add pumpkin, squash, and pecans; mix well. Pour into greased 2-quart baking dish; smooth top.
2. Bake in center of 350°F oven until knife inserted near center comes out clean, 30 to 35 min.
* Toast pecans: Spread pecans in small baking pan. Bake in 350°F oven, stirring occasionally, about 10 min.
"For more ways to enjoy The incredible edible egg™, visit incredibleegg.org"
Calories: 173; Total Fat: 6g; Saturated Fat: 1g; Cholesterol: 106mg; Total Carbs: 27g; Fiber: 4g; Protein: 5g; Sodium: 414mg;