RECIPES & MEALS
Mini Breakfast Pita Pizzas
Courtesy of The incredible edible egg™
Prep Time: 5 Min.
Cook Time: 15 Min.
What you need:
* 8 oz. turkey breakfast sausages, casings removed
* 6 eggs, beaten
* 1/2 c. pizza sauce
* 4 whole wheat pita pockets (6-in.)
* 1 c. shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese (4 oz.)
What to do:
1. Heat oven to 450°F. Coat large nonstick skillet with cooking spray. Cook sausage over medium heat, breaking into crumbles, until browned and cooked through. Pour off drippings; return to heat.
2. Pour eggs over sausage in skillet. As eggs begin to set, gently pull the eggs across the pan with an inverted turner, forming large soft curds. Continue cooking-pulling, lifting and folding eggs-until thickened and no visible liquid egg remains. Do not stir constantly. Remove from heat.
3. Spread 2 Tbsp. pizza sauce on each pita bread; place on baking sheet(s). Top with eggs and cheese, dividing evenly. Bake in 450°F oven until cheese is melted, about 5 min.
"For more ways to enjoy The incredible edible egg™, visit incredibleegg.org"
Calories: 511; Total Fat: 25g; Saturated Fat: 8g; Cholesterol: 424mg; Total Carbs: 40g; Fiber: 5g; Protein: 32g; Sodium: 985mg;