RECIPES & MEALS
French Silk Pie
Courtesy of The incredible edible egg™
Prep Time: 20 Min.
Cook Time: 10-15 Min.
Chill Time: 6 Hrs.
What you need:
* 1 c. sugar
* 1/4 tsp. cream of tartar
* 6 eggs
* 1 Tbsp. water
* 4 squares (1-oz.each) unsweetened chocolate, coarsely chopped
* 1-1/2 tsp. vanilla
* 1/2 c. (1 stick) butter, room temperature
* 1 graham cracker nut crumb crust or basic baked piecrust
What to do:
1. Mix sugar and cream of tartar in medium saucepan. Add eggs and water; beat until well blended. Add chocolate; cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until chocolate is melted and temperature reaches 160°F. Do not allow to boil. Remove from heat immediately.
2. Cool quickly: Set pan in larger pan of ice water. Stir vigorously until temperature of mixture falls to 80°F to 90°F. Remove pan from ice water. Stir in vanilla.
3. Beat butter in mixer bowl on medium speed until light and fluffy, 3 to 4 min. Add cooled egg mixture; beat on high speed 4 to 5 min. Pour into pie shell. Refrigerate at least 6 hrs. before serving.
"For more ways to enjoy The incredible edible egg™, visit incredibleegg.org"
Calories: 497; Total Fat: 35g; Saturated Fat: 18g; Cholesterol: 209mg; Total Carbs: 45g; Fiber: 3g; Protein: 8g; Sodium: 122mg;