RECIPES & MEALS
Courtesy of The Soyfoods Council
Prep Time: 15 Min.
Cook Time: n/a
Chill Time: 30 Min.
What you need:
* 1/2 c. chocolate coated espresso beans
* 1 (12-oz.) pkg. firm silken tofu
* 1/4 c. strong brewed espresso
* 1/4 c. sugar
* 1/8 tsp. salt
* 1/2 Tbsp. lemon juice
* 10 1/4-1/2 in. thick disks of vanilla sponge cake (the disks should be
roughly the size of the inside of 6-ounce tall juice or parfait glasses)
* Espresso or Kahlua (optional)
* cocoa powder to garnish
* chocolate coated espresso beans to garnish
What to do:
1. In food processor, grind chocolate coated espresso beans until finely ground. Add tofu, espresso, sugar, lemon juice and salt. Blend until smooth and reserve.
2. Place a sponge cake circle in the bottom of each glass. Drizzle cake with a few drops of espresso or Kahlua. Spoon several tablespoons of coffee- tofu mixture over cake. Place another sponge cake circle on top of the coffee tofu mixture. Spoon remaining coffee- tofu mixture into shot, to reach almost to the top of the shot containers.
3. Chill for at least 30 min. To serve, sprinkle tops of the shots with cocoa powder and top with a chocolate coated espresso bean.