RECIPES & MEALS
Herbed Cream Cheese-Stuffed Lamb Burgers
Courtesy of Kraft Kitchens
Prep Time: 30 Min.
Cook Time: 10 Min.
Chill Time: 15 Min.
What you need:
* 4 oz. (1/2 of 8-oz. pkg.) PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese, softened
* 1 Tbsp. chopped fresh chives
* 1 Tbsp. chopped fresh parsley
* 1 lb. ground lamb
* 1 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
* 1/2 tsp. pepper
* 1 Tbsp. olive oil
* 4 onion sandwich rolls, split, toasted
* 1 bunch watercress, thick stems removed
What to do:
1. Combine cream cheese and herbs; roll into 4 balls. Flatten each into disk on sheet of waxed paper. Refrigerate 15 min.
2. Mix meat, Worcestershire sauce and pepper just until blended; shape into 8 thin patties. Place cream cheese disks on 4 patties; cover with remaining patties. Press edges together to seal.
3. Heat oil in large skillet on medium heat. Add patties; cook 5 to 6 min. on each side or until done (160°F). Place burgers on bottom halves of rolls; cover with watercress and tops of rolls.
* Substitute: Prepare using ground turkey.
* Top cooked burgers with slivered red onions or thin plum tomato slices in addition to the watercress.