RECIPES & MEALS
Grilled Florida Lobster Surf and Turf with Shallot Butter
Courtesy of Florida Agriculture Bureau of Seafood & Aquaculture
Prep Time: 10 Min.
Cook Time: 10 Min.
What you need:
* 1/2 c. butter, softened
* 1/4 c. olive oil
* 2 large Florida shallots, peeled and quartered
* 4 large Florida garlic cloves, peeled and halved
* 1 tsp. cayenne pepper
* 1/2 tsp. ground black pepper
* 6 (6 oz.) boneless beef fillets
* 3 uncooked whole Florida lobster tails, cut in half lengthwise
What to do:
1. Combine first 6 ingredients in processor and blend until almost smooth.
2. Spread 1 heaping tsp. seasoned butter over each side of each steak and over each lobster half.
3. In a small saucepan melt remaining seasoned butter; keep warm.
4. Heat the grill to medium-high heat and grill steaks 4 min. per side or to desired doneness. Grill lobster tails, shell side down, 5 min. Turn over and grill until meat is just opaque in center, about 3 min.
5. Transfer steaks and lobster to plates. Serve with warm seasoned butter.
Recipe courtesy of Florida Department of Agriculture Bureau of Seafood and Aquaculture Marketing
Calories: 659; Calories From Fat: 305; Total Fat: 34g; Saturated Fat: 18g; Cholesterol: 304mg; Total Carbs: 6g; Protein: 82g;