RECIPES & MEALS
Hearty Havarti Reuben Potato Casserole
Courtesy of Wisconsin Milk Marketing Board
Prep Time: 15 Min.
Cook Time: 14-18 Min.
What you need:
* 4 c. firmly packed mashed potatoes (22 oz. frozen package)
* 1 2/3 c. milk
* 1 c. sour cream
* 1 tsp. caraway seed
* 3/4 c. (6 oz.) Wisconsin Sharp Cheddar cheese, shredded
* 1 can (14 oz.) sauerkraut, rinsed and well drained
* 1 pkg. (5 oz.) sliced corned beef, cut into 1/2 in. pieces
* 1 c. tomato (about 2 med.), chopped, seeded
* 2 c. Wisconsin Havarti cheese, cut into 1/2 in. cubes
* 2 Tbsp. fresh parsley, chopped
What to do:
1. Prepare potatoes according to pkg. directions, using milk and sour cream. Stir in caraway seed, Cheddar cheese and sauerkraut. Mix well.
2. Spray 2 qt. microwave-safe casserole dish with nonstick cooking spray. Spoon half of potato mixture into dish. Top with corned beef, chopped tomato and Havarti cheese. Top with remaining potato mixture. Cover.
3. Microwave on high for 14 to 18 min. or until casserole is thoroughly heated and cheese is melted. (Conventional oven: 350°F for 45 min.) Sprinkle with parsley.