RECIPES & MEALS
Creamy Wisconsin Truffles
Courtesy of Wisconsin Milk Marketing Board
Prep Time: 30 Min.
Cook Time: 20 Min.
Chill Time: 3 Hr.
What you need:
* 8 oz. best quality bittersweet chocolate, chopped in small pieces
* 3 Tbsp. sweetened condensed milk
* 1 Tbsp. unsalted butter
* 4 oz. fruit flavor Wisconsin cheese spread, such as Rondelé® with Cranberry
* 6 oz. best quality dark chocolate, chopped in small pieces
What to do:
1. Place bittersweet chocolate in large bowl and place over pan of simmering water. Do not allow bowl to touch water. (Or use double boiler.) Heat until chocolate melts and is smooth and silky, stirring frequently. Meanwhile, in a very small pan heat condensed milk and butter until butter melts. Add this mixture to melted chocolate and stir until smooth. Stir in the cheese spread. Refrigerate 3 hr. or overnight.
2. Working quickly, roll the refrigerated mixture into smooth 1 in. balls. Place on parchment or waxed paper.
3. Place dark chocolate in metal bowl and sit on top of pan of simmering water. Do not allow bowl to touch water. Stir until chocolate melts. Roll the truffle balls in the warm chocolate to evenly coat. Place on parchment or waxed paper. Refrigerate for up to 1 week. Bring to room temperature just before serving. Refrigerate any remaining truffles.
Option: Roll the uncoated truffles in 1 c. unsweetened cocoa powder. Refrigerate.