RECIPES & MEALS
Flatbread Pizzas with Mushrooms, Mozzarella and Gouda
Courtesy of Wisconsin Milk Marketing Board
Prep Time: 20 Min.
Cook Time: 17 Min.
What you need:
* 1/3 c. canned fire-roasted tomatoes, drained
* 1/3 c. bottled roasted red peppers, roughly chopped
* 1 tsp. roasted garlic (home roasted or purchased)
* 3 Tbsp. slivered almonds, toasted
* 3 Tbsp. Wisconsin Parmesan cheese, grated
* 1 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
* 1/2 tsp. red pepper flakes
* 4 flatbreads, such as pocketless pita or naan
* 1 1/2 c. (6 oz.) Wisconsin Mozzarella cheese, shredded
* 1 1/2 c. (6 oz.) Wisconsin Smoked Gouda cheese, shredded
* 4 large portabella mushrooms, grilled and sliced
* red pepper flakes, to taste
* fresh basil leaves, sliced, optional
What to do:
1. Place all ingredients in a blender and purée. Set aside.
2. Preheat oven to 350°F. Place flatbreads on 2 large cookie sheets sprayed with nonstick cooking spray. Bake 5 to 7 min. Remove from oven and top each flatbread with 1/4 of the romesco sauce.
3. Reset oven to 375°F. In a bowl, toss Mozzarella and Smoked Gouda together. Sprinkle the cheese, divided equally, over the 4 flatbreads. Top each with mushroom slices and sprinkle with red pepper flakes. Bake until cheese melts and crusts crisp, about 12 min. Sprinkle pizzas with fresh basil, if desired.