RECIPES & MEALS
Countryside Grain Salad
Courtesy of California Ripe Olives
Prep Time: 10 Min.
Cook Time: 8 Min.
What you need:
* 1 Tbsp. olive oil
* 1 c. diced butternut squash
* 1 c. diced yellow onion
* 2 oz. pine nuts
* 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
* 1/4 tsp. ground black pepper
* 2 c. cooked wheatberries
* 1 c. diced green beans, blanched
* 3/4 c. sliced California Ripe Olives
* 2 Tbsp. white wine vinegar
What to do:
1. Heat olive oil in a large sauté pan over medium heat. Add butternut squash and cook for 3-4 min., stirring occasionally.
2. Mix in onion and pine nuts and cook for 3-4 more min. until golden and tender. Season with salt and pepper, then remove from heat.
3. Toss squash mixture with wheat berries, green beans, California Ripe Olives and vinegar in a large mixing bowl. Serve warm, room temperature or chilled.
Calories: 350; Total Fat: 11g; Cholesterol: 0mg; Total Carbs: 52g; Protein: 12g; Sodium: 290mg;