RECIPES & MEALS
Tropical Banana Delight
Courtesy of CanolaInfo
Prep Time: 10 MIn.
Cook Time: 10 Min.
What you need:
* 4 bananas, peeled, cut in half and sliced lengthwise
* 2 Tbsp. canola oil
* 1/4 c. brown sugar
* 1-2 Tbsp. orange juice or favorite liquor
* 1/4 to 1/2 tsp. ground cardamom
* 1/4 c. toasted coconut
* 1/4 c. macadamia nuts, toasted, coarsely chopped
What to do:
1. Prepare bananas. Heat canola oil in saucepan over medium-high heat. Add brown sugar, orange juice and cardamom. Heat ingredients, stirring gently.
2. Add bananas and continue to stir gently, spooning brown sugar mixture over bananas as they cook. Do not over cook bananas as they will turn mushy.
3. Transfer bananas to individual serving dishes and spoon sauce over top of each serving. Sprinkle with toasted coconut and macadamia nuts. Serve immediately.
Nutritional information does not include suggested side dishes.
Calories: 200; Total Fat: 9g; Saturated Fat: 2g; Cholesterol: 0mg; Total Carbs: 30g; Fiber: 3g; Protein: 2g; Sodium: 10mg;