RECIPES & MEALS
Mango Cherry Avocado Salad
Courtesy of Cherry Marketing Institute
Prep Time: 15 Min.
Cook Time: n/a
What you need:
* 8 c. spring mix lettuce
* 3 Tbsp. tart cherry juice
* 1 Tbsp. rice wine vinegar
* 1/2 tsp. dry mustard
* 1 tsp. coriander seeds, coarsely cracked
* 1 Tbsp. honey
* 1 Tbsp. olive oil
* salt and pepper to taste
* 1/3 c. diced red onion
* 2 ripe avocados, peeled, seeded, and sliced thin
* 1 large, ripe mango, peeled, seeded, and chopped
* 1-1/3 c. dried tart cherries
What to do:
1. Divide lettuce evenly onto 4 salad plates. Set aside.
2. In a small bowl, whisk together cherry juice, vinegar, mustard, coriander seeds, honey, olive oil, and salt/pepper. Set aside.
3. Layer evenly atop each of the lettuce heaps, the diced red onion, the avocado slices, the mango chunks, and the cherries. Drizzle the dressing over the top and serve immediately.
Calories: 333; Total Fat: 14g; Saturated Fat: 2g; Cholesterol: 0mg; Total Carbs: 48g; Fiber: 7g; Protein: 4g; Sodium: 46mg;