RECIPES & MEALS
Chocolate-Covered Cherry Martini
Courtesy of National Cherry Growers
Prep Time: 5 Min.
Cook Time: n/a
Marinate: 2-12 Hr.
What you need:
* 4 (16 oz.) jars or 1 (1/2-gallon) jar maraschino cherries
* 1 (750 mL) bottle Absolut Vanilla Vodka
* 2 c. chocolate liqueur, such as Godiva Dark or crème de cacao
* additional maraschino cherries, for garnish
* semisweet chocolate chips (optional)
What to do:
1. Drain cherries, reserving juice. Put 3/4 c. juice in a 1 gallon pitcher or other container. Save the rest of the juice for another use, such as a topping for ice cream or a flavoring for milk.
2. Add vodka and chocolate liqueur to the cherry juice; mix well. Add maraschino cherries. The liquid must cover cherries. If not, add more chocolate liqueur. Let stand at room temperature for 2 to 12 hr. If not using within 12 hr., refrigerate mixture. It will keep up to 1 week, if cherries are covered with liquid and mixture is in a sealed container.
3. To serve beverage, pour liquid into a drink shaker filled with ice. Shake well and pour into martini glasses or other drink glasses. Garnish with a fresh maraschino cherry.
Note: After drink liquid is used, cherries can be drained and covered with melted chocolate. Melt 2 c. semisweet chocolate chips in the microwave for approximately 2 min. Dip cherries in melted chocolate; let set on waxed paper for about 30 min.
* Use as gifts or favors, or use as a garnish for the Chocolate-Covered Cherry Martini.
Your guests will love the smooth flavor of this drink.