RECIPES & MEALS
Redcurrant Roast Lamb
Courtesy of Meat and Livestock Australia
Serve With:Servings: 4
Salad of spring vegetables and lemon dressing tossed with couscous.
Prep Time: 10 Min.
Cook Time: 55 Min.
What you need:
* 1 Boneless Australian lamb leg
* 1/3 c. redcurrant jelly (or plum sauce)
* 1/4 c. water
* See below for other lamb roast basting sauces
What to do:
1. Bake Lamb at 350°F for 30 mins. per pound.
2. Combine the redcurrant jelly and 1/4 c. water in a pan and heat until melted. Baste the Lamb twice with the syrup during last 20 mins. of cooking.
3. Allow Lamb to rest for 20 mins. before carving into slices and serving with a salad of spring vegetables and lemon dressing tossed with couscous.
Tip: For variety try these other delicious lamb roast bastes; 1 Tbsp. mustard mixed with 1 Tbsp. honey; or 2 Tbsp. lemon juice mixed with 1 Tbsp. olive oil.