RECIPES & MEALS
Garlic and Oregano Roast Lamb
Courtesy of Meat and Livestock Australia
Serve With:Servings: 6
Roasted vegetables including sweet potato, zucchini, carrots and onions.
Prep Time: 10 Min.
Cook Time: 45 Min.
Marinate: 12 Hrs.
What you need:
* 2 lb. boneless lean leg of Australian lamb
* 1 Tbsp. olive oil
* 1 tsp. oregano, dried
* 1 tsp. basil, dried
* 2 cloves garlic, crushed
* juice and zest of 1 lemon
* 1/2 c. red wine
What to do:
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Combine marinade ingredients in a plastic bag. Add the lamb to the marinade and mix well. Remove the air and seal the bag with a twist tie. Refrigerate for overnight, if possible.
2. Drain the lamb and place on a rack in a roasting pan. Reserve the marinade. Roast for 40-45 min., or until cooked to desired liking. Baste twice with extra marinade during cooking.
3. Remove from oven, wrap in foil and rest for 20 min. before carving.
Tip: Leftovers can be used for sandwiches and wraps.
* Serve lamb with roasted vegetables including sweet potato, zucchini, carrots and onions.