RECIPES & MEALS
Italian Pork Melts
Courtesy of National Pork Board
Prep Time: 10 Min.
Cook Time: 10 Min.
What you need:
* 1 lb. boneless pork roast, sliced into stir-fry strips*
* 2 tsp. olive oil
* 4 (6-in.) submarine sandwich rolls, split
* 2 whole roasted red peppers, drained and halved
* 1/2 c. reduced-fat mayonnaise
* 2/3 c. prepared pesto sauce
* 4 (1-oz.) slices part-skim mozzarella
What to do:
1. Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat; add pork strips to pan and brown nicely, stir-frying, remove from heat.
2. While pork cooks, spread mayonnaise on bottom half of rolls; spread pesto on top half of rolls. Broil briefly just to lightly brown.
3. Divide pork strips onto four roll halves, top with pepper pieces and a slice of cheese. Broil just until cheese is bubbly. Top with remaining half of rolls.
*12 oz. of thinly sliced leftover cooked pork roast can be substituted for uncooked pork. If using leftover roast, delete oil in recipe.
* Recipe and photo courtesy of National Pork Board. For more recipes visit: www.PorkBeInspired.com
Calories: 770; Total Fat: 47g; Saturated Fat: 15g; Cholesterol: 90mg; Total Carbs: 42g; Protein: 47g; Sodium: 1070mg;