RECIPES & MEALS
Creamy Cheddar Broccoli
Courtesy of Cooking for 2
Prep Time: 5 Min.
Cook Time: 6 Min.
What you need:
* 3 c. fresh broccoli florets
* 2 Tbsp. water
* 3 Tbsp. cream cheese, softened
* 2 Tbsp. 2% milk
* 1 1/2 tsp. ranch salad dressing mix
* 2 Tbsp. cheddar cheese, shredded
What to do:
1. Place the broccoli and water in a 1-qt. microwave-safe dish. Cover and microwave on high for 3 min. or until crisp-tender.
2. In a small bowl, combine the cream cheese, milk and ranch dressing mix.
3. Drain broccoli; return to dish. Top with cream cheese mixture; sprinkle with cheddar cheese. Cover and microwave at 50% power for 2-3 min. or until heated through and cheese is melted.
*Nutritional Analysis: 3/4 cup (prepared with reduced-fat cream cheese, fat-free milk and reduced-fat cheddar cheese) equals 115 calories, 6 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 17 mg cholesterol, 387 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 8 g protein.
Editor's Note: This recipe was tested in a 1,100-watt microwave.