RECIPES & MEALS
Vegetable Lamb Chop Skillet Dinner
Courtesy of American Lamb Board
Serve With:Servings: 4
Toasted pita halves
Prep Time: 10 Min.
Cook Time: 90 Min.
What you need:
* 4 American Lamb shoulder chops, 3/4 in. thick
* 1 tsp. salt
* 1/2 tsp pepper
* 2 Tbsp. olive oil
* 2 cloves garlic, crushed
* 1/2 c. white wine or fat-free chicken broth
* 1/2 c. boiling water
* 1 beef boullion cube
* 1 1/2 c. loosely packed cauliflower (bite sized pieces)
* 2 large carrots, thickly sliced
* 4 small onions
* 2 medium potatoes, quartered
* 3/4 c. broccoli flowerets
* 8 cherry tomatoes
* parsley, optional
What to do:
1. Sprinkle chops on both sides with salt and pepper. In large skillet, heat oil with garlic. Add chops; brown on both sides. Add wine, boiling water and bouillon cube. Simmer, covered, 30 min. or until chops are almost tender.
2. Arrange cauliflower, carrots, onions and potatoes around chops. Simmer, covered, 15 to 20 min. or until all are tender.
3. During last 8 min. of cooking, add broccoli During last 5 min. of cooking, add tomatoes. Sprinkle with parsley before serving, if desired.
Calories: 486; Total Fat: 21g; Cholesterol: 136mg; Total Carbs: 25g; Fiber: 5g; Protein: 45g; Sodium: 965mg;