RECIPES & MEALS
Balsamic-Honey Glazed Lamb Chops
Courtesy of American Lamb Board
Serve With:Servings: 8
Seasoned rice and glazed carrots
Prep Time: 8 Min.
Cook Time: 15 MIn.
What you need:
* 8 American Loin loin chops (shoulder or rib)
* 1 Tbsp. olive oil
* 1 1/2 tsp. dried thyme leaves
* 1 1/2 tsp. pepper
* 1 tsp. salt
* 1/2 c. balsamic vinegar
* 1/2 c. honey
* 4 small apples, figs or pears
What to do:
1. Brush lamb chops with oil and sprinkle with thyme, pepper and salt. Cook in large skillet over medium-high heat for 10 min., turning once.
2. Heat vinegar and honey in another large skillet. Stir and bring to a boil. Core and cut apples or pears into 10 slices. If figs are used, cut them in half. Add fruit to bubbling mixture, turning to coat. Cook until the fruit is glazed and just tender.
3. Place browned lamb chops into the bubbling mixture. Turn the chops every minute to glaze with sauce. Cook to desired degree of doneness. Serve with glazed fruit and a drizzle of sauce.
* Nutritional information does not include suggested side dishes
Calories: 245; Total Fat: 8g; Cholesterol: 68mg; Total Carbs: 22g; Fiber: 2g; Protein: 21g;