RECIPES & MEALS
Courtesy of Every Day with Rachael Ray
Serve With:Servings: 4
Grilled fresh vegetables
Prep Time: 15 Min.
Cook Time: 10 Min.
Chill Time: 20 Min.
What you need:
* 1/2 c. crumbled blue cheese ( 2-3 oz.)
* 2 oz. cream cheese
* 2 Tbsp. chopped flat-leaf parsley
* 1 1/2 lb. ground beef
* salt and pepper
* 2 Tbsp. vegetable oil
* 2 Tbsp. butter
* 4 hamburger buns, split and toasted
* lettuce, onion slices and condiments for serving
What to do:
1. In a small bowl, using a fork, mash together the blue cheese and cream cheese until smooth. Stir in the parsley. Divide the mixture into 4 disks about 1 1/2 inches across. Cover tightly with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 20 min..
2. In a large bowl, season the beef with salt and pepper and mix well. Form into 4 equally sized patties about 3/4 inch thick.
3. Form a deep cavity in the center of each beef patty. Place a cheese disk in each cavity and pull the meat together to completely cover the cheese.
4. In a large skillet, heat the oil and butter over medium-high heat. Add the burgers and cook, about 6 min. on each side for medium. Serve on the buns with the lettuce, onion and condiments.