RECIPES & MEALS
Gingered Pork-Vegetable Soup
Courtesy of National Pork Board
Prep Time: 20 Min.
Cook Time: 15 min.
What you need:
* 1 roasted pork tenderloin, cut into 1/2-in. cubes **
* 3 c. canned reduced-sodium chicken broth
* 1 1/2 c. water
* 1/4 c. rice wine vinegar
* 1 Tbsp. reduced-sodium soy sauce
* 2 cloves garlic, minced (1 tsp.)
* 1 tsp. grated fresh ginger root
* 1/4 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
* 8 whole baby corn, canned, quartered crosswise
* 2 oz. fresh snow peas, halved crosswise
* 1/2 c. thinly bias-sliced carrot
* 1/2 c. sliced fresh mushrooms
* 1/4 c. thinly sliced green onions or chives
* 8- 3 1/2-in. wonton skins, cut into 1/2-in.-wide strips
** You can substitute 1/2-in. thick pieces of cooked, roast pork from the deli, and cube.
What to do:
1. Combine chicken broth, water, rice wine vinegar, soy sauce, garlic, gingerroot and black pepper in large saucepan. Bring to boil.
2. Separate the wonton strips.
3. Stir in corn, snow peas, carrot, mushrooms, onions and wonton strips. Return to a boil; reduce heat. Cover and simmer about 3 min. or until vegetables are crisp-tender.
4. Stir in pork and heat through.
* Makes about 6 c.
* Recipe and photo courtesy of National Pork Board. For more recipes visit: www.PorkBeInspired.com
Calories: 210; Total Fat: 3g; Saturated Fat: 1g; Cholesterol: 60mg; Total Carbs: 17g; Fiber: 5g; Protein: 33g; Sodium: 880mg;