RECIPES & MEALS
Ginger and Sherry Soaked Pork Steaks
Courtesy of National Pork Board
Serve With:Servings: 6
Prep Time: 10 Min.
Cook Time: 20 Min.
Marinate: 8 Hrs.
What you need:
* 6 pork steaks (blade steaks)
* 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
* 2 Tbsp. peeled and finely chopped fresh ginger
* 1 c. soy sauce
* 1/2 c. dry sherry
* 1/2 c. ketchup
* 1/2 c. orange juice
* 1/2 c. sesame oil
* 1/4 c. honey
What to do:
1. Combine garlic, ginger, soy sauce, sherry, ketchup, orange juice, sesame oil and honey; mix well. Reserve half of marinade in small container in refrigerator until cooking time. Cover pork steaks with remaining marinade and allow to marinate for several hours to overnight.
2. Remove steaks from marinade and discard used marinade.
3. Prepare medium hot fire and grill steaks over indirect heat, 6-8 min. per side. Baste pork steaks with reserved marinade while grilling.
* Recipe and photo courtesy of National Pork Board. For more recipes visit: www.PorkBeInspired.com
Calories: 450; Calories From Fat: 23; Saturated Fat: 8g; Cholesterol: 170mg; Total Carbs: 11g; Protein: 49g; Sodium: 460mg;