RECIPES & MEALS
Caribbean Honey-Spiced Chicken with Mango
Courtesy of National Honey Board
Prep Time: 15 Min.
Cook Time: 30 Min.
What you need:
* 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
* 1/4 c. honey
* 1/4 c. fresh lemon juice
* 2 tsp. freshly grated lemon peel
* 1 ripe mango, peeled and diced
* 1 small onion, peeled and quartered
* 2 fresh jalapeno peppers, halved and seeded
* 2 tsp. paprika
* 2 tsp. vegetable oil
* 1-1/2 tsp. garlic salt
* 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
* 1/2 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
* 1/2 tsp. ground allspice
* 1 Tbsp. vegetable oil
What to do:
1. In a small bowl, combine honey, lemon juice and lemon peel; whisk until well blended. Remove 1/4 cup of mixture to food processor container; set aside.
2. Add mango to honey-lemon mixture in bowl; toss to coat. Store in refrigerator.
3. Add onion, jalapenos, paprika, oil, garlic salt, cinnamon, pepper and allspice to honey-lemon mixture in a food processor container. Process until very finely chopped, scrape down sides when necessary.
4. Spread mixture evenly over both sides of chicken breasts. Spread oil in a 13 x 9-inch baking pan. Arrange chicken breasts in pan. Bake at 375°F for 25 to 30 min. or until cooked through. Remove chicken to serving platter; top with reserved mango.
Nutritional Information Per Serving : Calories: 317 Carbohydrates: 33 g Cholesterol: 73 mg Dietary Fiber: 2 g Fat Total: 9 g Protein: 28 g Sodium: 781 mg
Note: Honey should not be fed to infants under one year of age. Honey is a safe and wholesome food for children and adults.
For this and more great recipes, please visit www.honey.com/recipes
Calories: 317; Calories From Fat: 9; Cholesterol: 73mg; Total Carbs: 33g; Fiber: 2g; Protein: 28g; Sodium: 781mg;