RECIPES & MEALS
Golden Crab Cakes
Courtesy of Florida Agriculture Bureau of Seafood & Aquaculture
Prep Time: 20 Min.
Cook Time: 8 Min.
What you need:
* 1 lb. fresh lump Florida crabmeat
* 2 Tbsp. red onion, minced
* 2 Tbsp. bell pepper, green or red, minced
* 1 Tbsp. garlic, minced
* 2 egg whites
* 3/4 c. mayonnaise
* 1 tsp. dry mustard
* 2 tsp. Old Bay seasoning
* juice of 1 lemon
* salt and pepper to taste
* cracker meal, as needed
* fresh bread crumbs, as needed
* olive oil, as needed for pan frying
What to do:
1. In a medium-sized bowl combine the first four ingredients.
2. In a separate bowl combine the next five ingredients and stir mixture until smooth. Add to crabmeat mixture; stir and gradually add cracker meal until cakes can be formed.
3. Roll formed cakes in the fresh bread crumbs and pan fry in olive oil over medium heat until golden brown on both sides.
Recipe courtesy of Florida Department of Agriculture Bureau of Seafood and Aquaculture Marketing
Chardonnay, Pinot Grigio-Chardonnay, Riesling/Rhine