RECIPES & MEALS
Soup Fresh From The Garden
Courtesy of North Carolina Sweet Potato Commission
Serve With:Servings: 6
Crusty French bread from the bakery
Prep Time: 10 Min.
Cook Time: 20 Min.
What you need:
* 2 c. NC sweet potatoes, cubed
* 3/4 c. sliced yellow squash
* 3/4 c. zucchini slices, quartered
* 1/2 c. green beans, cut-up
* 1/2 c. whole kernel corn
* 1 medium onion, chopped
* 1 small clove garlic, minced
* 1/2 tsp. chili seasoning
* 3 cans (14 1/2 oz. each) vegetable broth
* 1 can (14 1/2 oz.) chopped tomatoes
* 1/4 c. green onions, sliced
* 2 Tbsp. parsley, chopped
* 1/2 c. jack cheese, shredded
What to do:
1. In 4-quart saucepan, combine first 10 ingredients. Bring to boil; reduce heat and simmer 15 min. or until vegetables are tender.
2. Add green onions and parsley; cook 5 min. longer.
To serve, garnish each serving with cheese.
An Original Recipe Prepared Specifically for
The North Carolina SweetPotato Commission
Recipe by Marianne Langan
Calories: 183; Total Fat: 4g; Cholesterol: 2mg; Total Carbs: 24g; Protein: 14g; Potassium: 447mg;