RECIPES & MEALS
Popcorn and Peanut Truffles
Courtesy of The Popcorn Board
Prep Time: 10 Min.
Cook Time: 5 Min.
Chill Time: 2 Hrs.
What you need:
* 6 c. popped popcorn
* 1 c. roasted and salted peanuts
* 1 (12 oz.) pkg. semisweet chocolate chips
* 1/2 c. honey
What to do:
1. Stir popcorn and peanuts together in a large bowl; set aside.
2. In microwave-safe bowl, heat chocolate chips 10 seconds. Stir chips and repeat, stirring after each 10 seconds, until chips are melted. Warm honey in microwave 10 seconds and stir into chocolate until well blended.
3. Pour chocolate mixture over popcorn mixture and stir until popcorn is evenly coated.
4. Using a small ice cream scoop, push popcorn mixture into scoop and release onto wax paper to form truffles. Refrigerate until firm. Store truffles in an airtight container up to 5 days.
Yield: About 30 pieces
Calories: 110; Total Fat: 7g; Saturated Fat: 3g; Cholesterol: 10mg; Total Carbs: 14g; Fiber: 1g; Sugar: 11g; Protein: 2g; Sodium: 35mg;