RECIPES & MEALS
Peanut Crusted Touchdown Turkey Sandwich
Courtesy of National Peanut Board
Serve With:Servings: 4
Waldorf salad and baked chips
Prep Time: 10 Min.
Cook Time: 12 Min.
What you need:
* 2 Tbsp. butter
* 8 slices raisin bread
* 2 eggs, beaten
* 3/4 c. peanuts, finely chopped
* 1/4 c. apricot jam
* 2 tsp. honey mustard
* 4 slices cooked turkey
* 4 slices tomato
* 4 slices avocado
What to do:
1. Melt butter in a 10" to 12" inch skillet over low heat.
2. Dip one side of each bread slice into egg and then into peanuts, coating well; place in skillet, coated side down. (You'll need to cook bread in batches.) Cook over low heat until lightly browned, 3 to 4 min.
3. Blend apricot jam with honey mustard; spread on uncoated side of grilled bread slices. Arrange turkey, tomato and avocado on 4 bread slices. Top with remaining bread slices, jam mixture down. Serve immediately.
* Recipe courtesy of the National Peanut Board. For more delicious recipes, please visit
Calories: 808; Total Fat: 56g; Cholesterol: 132mg; Total Carbs: 66g; Fiber: 11g; Protein: 24g; Sodium: 671mg;