RECIPES & MEALS
Macadamia Chocolate Mousse
Courtesy of Australian Macadamias
Prep Time: 30 Min.
Cook Time: n/a
Chill Time: 30 Min.
What you need:
* 1 Tbsp. unflavored gelatin
* 4 Tbsp. water
* 3 Tbsp. brandy
* 6 oz. white chocolate bars
* 3 eggs
* 1/3 c. sugar
* 1 1/4 c. whipped cream
* 1/2 c. macadamias
* 3 1/2 oz. milk chocolate chips
* 3 Tbsp. macadamias, roasted and chopped
What to do:
1. Set aside 6 - 1 c. glasses or grease plain molds with light oil.
2. In a small saucepan, soften gelatin in water and brandy. Dissolve over low heat.
3. Melt white chocolate in a bowl over just simmering water.
4. Beat egg yolks and sugar together 4-5 min. Beat in gelatin. Stir mixture into chocolate until whole mixture is smooth and coats spoon. Remove and cool. Fold in whipped cream and macadamias.
5. Beat egg whites to soft peaks. Fold through mixture. Pour into glasses or molds. Chill until set.
6. If using molds, run a small sharp knife around inside to release mousse from sides. Invert onto plates and shake gently to remove from molds. Serve with berries and chocolate wedges.
1. Line a 9" cake or spring from pan with a circle of baking paper. Melt milk chocolate pieces as above. Pour into pan and spread out to edges. Sprinkle 3 Tbsp. roasted chopped macadamia halves. Chill until set.
2. Remove from pan and peel away paper. Using a hot wet knife cut into wedges.