RECIPES & MEALS
Blueberry Cheesecake for Calorie Counters
Courtesy of US Highbush Blueberry Council
Prep Time: 10 Min.
Cook Time: 35 Min.
What you need:
* 1 c. graham cracker crumbs
* 2 - 6 oz. containers low-fat vanilla yogurt
* 1 c. non-fat cottage cheese
* 4 oz. lowfat cream cheese
* 1 Tbsp. cornstarch
* 1/2 c. egg substitute
* 2 c. fresh or frozen blueberries
* 2 Tbsp. sugar
* 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
* 1 Tbsp. water
What to do:
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray bottom and side of a 9" pie plate with vegetable cooking spray; sprinkle with graham cracker crumbs, and tilt to coat evenly.
2. Place a coffee filter or two layers of paper towels in a strainer; stir 1 container of the yogurt and spoon it into the filter; set aside to drain, stirring occasionally, about 30 min.
3. Meanwhile, in a food processor, blend the remaining container of yogurt, cottage cheese, cream cheese and cornstarch until smooth. Add the eggs and pulse until combined. Carefully pour into the crumb-coated pie plate; smooth top. Bake until set in the center, about 30 min.
4. Meanwhile, prepare the Blueberry Sauce. In a medium-size saucepan, over medium heat, stir blueberries with sugar, lemon juice and water until berries are soft, about 5 min; chill.
5. When pie is set, spread the drained yogurt over the top; bake 5 min. longer. Cool to room temperature on a wire rack. Chill until cold. Serve with Blueberry Sauce.
* Nutrition information reflects 1 1/2 Tbsp. Blueberry Sauce per serving.
Calories: 192; Calories From Fat: 31; Total Fat: 7g; Saturated Fat: 3g; Cholesterol: 14mg; Total Carbs: 25g; Fiber: 1g; Protein: 10g; Sodium: 295mg; Potassium: 214mg;