RECIPES & MEALS
Grilled Steaks Balsamico
Courtesy of The Beef Checkoff
Serve With:Servings: 4
White creamer potatoes and grilled tomatoes.
Prep Time: 5 Min.
Cook Time: 15 Min.
Marinate: 2 Hrs.
What you need:
* 4 - 6 oz. shoulder top blade (flat iron) steaks OR boneless beef chuck steak
* salt and pepper, to taste
* 5 oz. herb and garlic soft, spreadable cheese
* 2/3 c. balsamic vinegar
* 1/4 c. fig preserves or chopped dried figs
What to do:
1. Place marinade ingredients in blender or food processor; process until blended. Place steaks and marinade in food-safe plastic bag; turn to coat. Close bag securely and marinate in refrigerator at least 2 hr.
2. Remove steaks from marinade; discard marinade. Place steaks on grid over medium, ash-covered coals. Grill steaks, covered, 10-14 min. for medium rare to medium doneness, turning occasionally. Season with salt and pepper, as desired.
3. Meanwhile heat cheese in small saucepan over medium-low heat 2-4 min. or until melted, stirring frequently. Serve steaks with cheese sauce.
* Recipe Courtesy of The Beef Checkoff
Shiraz/Syrah, Bordeaux, Cabernet Sauvignon
Calories: 464; Total Fat: 30g; Saturated Fat: 13g; Cholesterol: 132mg; Total Carbs: 7g; Protein: 39g; Sodium: 470mg;