RECIPES & MEALS
Nutty Breakfast Parfait
Courtesy of Walnut Marketing Board
Serve With:Servings: 6
These parfaits are an excellent source of vitamin C, folacin, magnesium and zinc.
Prep Time: 10 Min
Cook Time: 20 Min.
What you need:
* 1-1/2 c. old-fashioned rolled oats
* 1/2 c. California Walnuts, coarsely chopped
* 1/4 c. pure maple syrup
* 2 tsp. butter
* 2 c. strawberries, hulled and sliced
* 1 c. blueberries
* 1 c. kiwifruit, peeled and cubed (about 3 kiwifruit)
* 2 c. thinly sliced, peeled peaches (about 4 med. peaches)
* 3 Tbsp. pure maple syrup
* 2 c. non-fat plain yogurt
What to do:
1. Mix oats and walnuts in 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking pan.
2. Combine 1/4 c. of the maple syrup and butter in small heavy saucepan. Bring to boil. Pour maple syrup mixture over oat mixture; stir to blend well.
3. Bake 10 min. in a 350°F oven, stirring occasionally. Bake until mixture is golden and crisp, stirring occasionally, about 8 min. longer. Cool granola completely in pan. (Can be prepared one week ahead. Store in airtight container at room temperature.)
4. Gently toss strawberries, peaches, blueberries, kiwifruit and remaining 3 Tbsp. maple syrup in large bowl to blend. Divide half of the kiwifruit mixture among 6 parfait or wine glasses. Sprinkle each parfait with half the granola mixture, dividing equally. Top each with half the yogurt. Repeat layers. Serve immediately.
Tip: These delicious parfaits are an excellent source of vitamin C, folacin, magnesium and zinc.
Calories: 273; Calories From Fat: 25; Total Fat: 8g; Saturated Fat: 1g; Cholesterol: 5mg; Total Carbs: 45g; Fiber: 5g; Protein: 9g; Sodium: 77mg; Potassium: 630mg;