RECIPES & MEALS
California-Style Grilled Pizzetta
Courtesy of California Ripe Olives
Prep Time: 1 1/2 Hr.
Cook Time: 10 Min.
What you need:
* 1 1/2 c. warm water
* 1 tsp. active dry yeast
* 1/4 tsp. granulated sugar
* 3 Tbsp. olive oil
* 1/4 tsp. salt
* 4 c. unbleached all purpose flour
* 3 c. roasted red bell peppers, sliced into 2-inch strips
* 2 c. fresh mozzarella cheese, chopped
* 2 c. California Ripe Olives, halved
* 1 1/2 c. arugula, thinly sliced into ribbons
What to do:
1. In a large mixing bowl, whisk together water, yeast, sugar and 1 c. of flour evenly combined. Allow to rest in a warm environment for 10-15 min. until mixture begins to look bubbly on top.
2. Mix in 2 Tbsp. of olive oil and salt, then knead in flour 1 c. at a time. Cover bowl, and allow dough to rise in a warm spot for 1 hr.
3. After dough has risen, punch down and transfer to a lightly floured surface.
4. Divide into 6 (4-5 oz.) pieces and shape into balls. Allow to rest for 10-15 min., then, using a rolling pin, flatten each ball into a thin 7-inch disc.
5. Preheat grill on high heat. Brush each disc with remaining olive oil, then slide onto grill (oil side down). Cook for 3-4 min. over high heat, then transfer to a clean cutting board or plate with the cooked side facing up. Top each pizzetta crust with 1/2 c. of roasted peppers, 2 oz. of mozzarella and 1/3 c. of California Ripe Olives.
6. Slide onto grill, cover and cook over medium-high heat for 4 min. until dough is crisp and cheese is melted. Remove to a clean cutting board, sprinkle with arugula and cut into quarters.
Calories: 553; Total Fat: 22g; Cholesterol: 34mg; Total Carbs: 71g; Fiber: 5g; Protein: 18g; Sodium: 645mg;