RECIPES & MEALS
Baked Tomatoes with Olives
Courtesy of California Ripe Olives
Prep Time: 25 Min.
Cook Time: 3 Min.
What you need:
* 1 1/4 c. warm cooked spelt or farro
* 3/4 c. sliced California Ripe Olives
* 1/3 c. grated asiago cheese
* 1/4 c. shredded basil
* 1 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
* 1/4 tsp. kosher salt
* ground black pepper to taste
* 2 Tbsp. plain breadcrumbs
* 4 (8 oz.) firm, ripe tomatoes
What to do:
1. In a medium sized mixing bowl, combine spelt, 1/2 c. California Ripe Olives, 2 Tbsp. asiago cheese, basil, vinegar and salt. Season with pepper to taste. Set aside.
2. In a separate bowl, combine breadcrumbs with remaining California Ripe Olives and asiago cheese. Set aside. .
3. Prepare tomatoes for stuffing by cutting 1/4-in. off of the tops of each. Using a small spoon or melonballer, scoop out seeds and center flesh to make each into a hollow cup (leaving at least 1/4-in. of flesh around sides and bottom). Fill each tomato with 1/2 c. (approximately 3 oz.) of spelt mixture.
4. Top with breadcrumb mixture and place on a high sided baking pan. Broil under medium-high heat for 45-90 sec. until golden brown. Serve warm or room temperature.
* Nutritional information does not include suggested side dishes
Calories: 132; Total Fat: 6g; Cholesterol: 8mg; Total Carbs: 17g; Fiber: 5g; Protein: 5g; Sodium: 503mg;