RECIPES & MEALS
Biscuits or Dumplings (Gluten-Free)
Courtesy of Gluten Intolerance Group
Prep Time: 10 Min.
Cook Time: 12 Min.
What you need:
* 1 1/2 c. Gluten-Free Flour Blend *** (see print copy for flour blend recipe)
* 2 tsp. baking powder
* 1 tsp. xanthan
* 1 tsp. salt
* 2 eggs
* 1/3 c. oil
* 1/4 c. milk (or milk substitute such as soy or rice milk)
What to do:
1. Combine flour blend mix, baking powder, xanthan gum, and salt. Set aside.
2. Mix eggs, oil and milk. Add in dry ingredients. Stir together with a fork.
*** Brown Rice Flour Blend
* 1 1/3 cup brown rice flour
* 7 Tbsp. potato starch
* 3 1/2 Tbsp. tapioca flour
*** For 1 1/2 cup gluten-free flour blend:
* 1/2 c. rice flour
* 1/2 c. cornstarch
* 1/2 c. tapioca starch/flour
* 1 Tbsp. potato flour
DROP BISCUITS: Spoon dough onto oil sprayed cookie sheet. Bake at 350°F for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned. Makes 12 biscuits.
DUMPLINGS: Spoon dough into a bubbling, hot stew. Cook covered for 10-12 minutes. Remove pot from stove and leave the cover on for ten minutes more. Makes 12 dumplings.
* Courtesy of: Gluten Intolerance Group
Visit www.gluten.org to learn more about gluten intolerance