RECIPES & MEALS
Breakfast Beef Burritos
Courtesy of The Beef Checkoff
Serve With:Servings: 2
Fresh chilled berries and coffee or tea.
Prep Time: 5 Min.
Cook Time: 15 Min.
What you need:
* 2 beef round tip steaks, cut 1/4" to 1/8-in. thick
* 2 eggs
* 1/4 c. shredded Mexican cheese blend
* 2 flour tortillas (10-in.), warmed
* 1/4 c. salsa
* Sour cream, chopped fresh cilantro, salsa
What to do:
1. Whisk eggs with 1 Tbsp water; stir in cheese. Spray large nonstick skillet with cooking spray; heat over medium-high heat until hot. Add eggs; cook and stir 1-2 min. or until just set; remove.
2. Sprinkle beef steaks with 1/4 tsp pepper. Carefully wipe skillet out with paper towels. Spray with cooking spray; heat over medium-high heat until hot. Add steaks; cook 1- 2 min. for medium rare doneness, turning once. (Do not overcook.) Season with salt.
3. Place 1 steak on each tortilla. Top with salsa and eggs; wrap burrito style. Serve with toppings.
* Recipe Courtesy of The Beef Checkoff