RECIPES & MEALS
BBQ Beef Skillet with Cornbread
Courtesy of The Beef Checkoff
Serve With:Servings: 4
Crunchy broccoli coleslaw and warm apple crisp for dessert.
Prep Time: 5 Min.
Cook Time: 1 3/4 Hr.
What you need:
* 1-1/2 lb beef bottom round steaks, cut 1-in. thick
* 1 c. barbecue sauce
* 1 large onion, sliced (1/2-in.), separated into rings
* cornbread or corn muffins
What to do:
1. Mix barbecue sauce with 1/4 c. water in large skillet. Place beef steaks and onion in skillet; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover tightly and simmer 1-1/4 to 1-3/4 hrs. or until beef is fork-tender.
2. Remove steaks. Cook and stir sauce 5 min. or until thickened.
3. Carve steaks. Serve with sauce and cornbread.
* Recipe Courtesy of The Beef Checkoff
Cabernet Sauvignon, Zinfandel, Merlot