RECIPES & MEALS
Southwestern Beef Pot Roast
Courtesy of The Beef Checkoff
Serve With:Servings: 6
Corn Bread Squares
Prep Time: 15 Min.
Cook Time: 150 Min.
What you need:
* 1 (3 lbs.) bottom round steak or rump roast
* 1 Tbsp. cooking oil
* 1 c. water
* 3/4 c. prepared beef gravy
* 1 can (15 1/2 oz.) chili beans with chipotle peppers, undrained
* 1 c. frozen corn
* 1 c. prepared chipotle thick and chunky salsa
* 1 Tbsp. chopped fresh oregano or 1 tsp. dried oregano
* 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
What to do:
1. Heat oil in Dutch oven over medium heat. Brown beef, pour off drippings.
2. Add 1 c. water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover tightly and simmer 2 1/2 hours (until beef is fork tender).
3. Remove to cutting board and allow beef to rest for 10 min. before slicing. Slice beef into 1/4-in. slices.
4. While roast is resting, place remaining ingredients in a large skillet and bring to a boil. Add sliced beef to skillet. Reduce heat to medium-low; cover and simmer 8-10 min. or until heated through, stirring occasionally.
* Recipe Courtesy of The Beef Checkoff
Merlot, Beaujolais, Shiraz-Merlot