RECIPES & MEALS
Hot Brown Bites
Courtesy of Mr. Food Test Kitchen
Prep Time: n/a
Cook Time: 15 Min.
What you need:
* 2 Tbsp. butter
* 1 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
* 1 c. milk
* 3/4 c. shredded white cheddar cheese
* 1/4 tsp. dry mustard
* 1/4 tsp. onion powder
* 1/4 tsp. salt
* 1/8 tsp. black pepper
* 18 slice cocktail party rye or pumpernickel
* 3/4 lb. thinly sliced deli turkey breast
* 3 plum tomatoes, each cut into 6 slices
* 6 slice crispy cooked bacon, crumbled
What to do:
1. In a small saucepan over medium heat, melt butter. Whisk in flour and cook 1 minute. Gradually add milk and whisk until smooth and mixture begins to thicken. Stir in cheese, dry mustard, onion powder, salt, and pepper and heat until smooth and creamy. Set aside.
2. Preheat oven to broil. Place party rye on baking sheet. Top evenly with turkey, tomato, and cheese sauce.
3. Broil 2 to 3 minutes, or until top is light golden. Sprinkle with bacon and serve.
Recipe and Image from the Mr. Food Test Kitchen
© 2018 Ginsburg Enterprises Incorporated. All rights reserved.
For more great recipe ideas, visit mrfood.com.