RECIPES & MEALS
Lemon Chive Asparagus
Courtesy of Mr. Food Test Kitchen
Prep Time: n/a
Cook Time: 20 Min.
What you need:
* 1 c. water
* 1/2 tsp. salt
* 1 1/2 lb. fresh asparagus, trimmed
* 1/4 c. (1/2 stick) butter
* 1 tsp. grated lemon peel
* 2 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
* 2 Tbsp. chopped fresh chives (see Note)
What to do:
1. In a large skillet over high heat, bring water and salt to a boil.
2. Add asparagus; reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer 4 to 5 minutes, or until asparagus is tender. Drain and arrange on a serving platter.
3. In the same skillet over medium-high, melt butter. Stir in remaining ingredients; mix well then pour over asparagus. Serve immediately.
NOTE: If you don't have fresh chives, 1 teaspoon of freeze-dried chives can be substituted for 1 tablespoon of minced fresh.
Recipe and Image from the Mr. Food Test Kitchen
© 2018 Ginsburg Enterprises Incorporated. All rights reserved.
For more great recipe ideas, visit mrfood.com.