RECIPES & MEALS
Golden Chicken Casserole
Courtesy of Mr. Food Test Kitchen
Prep Time: n/a
Cook Time: 30 Min.
What you need:
* 1 (10-1/2 -ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup
* 1/2 c. sour cream
* 1 1/4 c. milk, divided
* 3 c. diced cooked chicken
* 1 (12-ounce) package frozen mixed vegetables
* 1/2 tsp. salt
* 1/4 tsp. black pepper
* 3/4 c. biscuit baking mix
* 1/4 c. cornmeal
* 1 egg
* 2 c. (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
What to do:
1. Preheat oven to 375°F.
2. In a 9- x 13-inch baking dish, combine soup, sour cream, and 1/2 cup milk; mix well. Add chicken, vegetables, salt, and pepper; mix well.
3. In a medium bowl, combine baking mix, cornmeal, egg, and remaining 3/4 cup milk; mix well then spoon over chicken mixture and sprinkle with cheese.
4. Bake 30 to 35 minutes, or until top is set and golden.
Recipe and Image from the Mr. Food Test Kitchen
© 2018 Ginsburg Enterprises Incorporated. All rights reserved.
For more great recipe ideas, visit mrfood.com.