RECIPES & MEALS
Fried Cheesy Pickles
Courtesy of Mr. Food Test Kitchen
Prep Time: n/a
Cook Time: 20 Min.
What you need:
* 1 c. mayonnaise
* 3 Tbsp. sriracha
* 1 tsp. garlic powder
* 1/4 tsp. paprika
* 10 egg roll wrappers
* 1 (8-ounce) block Havarti cheese, cut into 5 long slices, then in half lengthwise (like a spear)
* 1 (24-ounce) jar dill pickle spears, drained and blotted dry
* 2 c. oil for frying
What to do:
1. In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise, sriracha, garlic powder, and paprika; mix well. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
2. Place an egg roll wrapper on a flat surface. Layer a piece of cheese across the center at an angle, then top with a pickle spear. Lightly brush edges of egg roll with water. Fold one corner of egg roll wrapper up over pickle, then fold both sides over envelope fashion; roll up tightly. Repeat with remaining wrappers, cheese, and pickles.
3. In a large deep skillet over medium heat, heat oil until hot. Add egg rolls in batches and fry 3 to 4 minutes per side, or until golden. Drain on a paper towel-lined platter. Serve immediately with dipping sauce.
Recipe and Image from the Mr. Food Test Kitchen
© 2018 Ginsburg Enterprises Incorporated. All rights reserved.
For more great recipe ideas, visit mrfood.com.