RECIPES & MEALS
Old-World Peasant Soup
Courtesy of Mr. Food Test Kitchen
Prep Time: n/a
Cook Time: 30 Min.
What you need:
* 2 Tbsp. olive oil
* 1 onion, finely chopped
* 1 carrot, peeled, cut in half, and thinly sliced
* 1 stalk celery, chopped
* 4 c. chicken broth
* 2 (15.8-ounce) cans cannellini beans, not drained
* 1 lb. kielbasa sausage, thinly sliced
* 3/4 tsp. garlic powder
* 1/2 tsp. Italian seasoning
* 1/4 tsp. black pepper
* 2 c. fresh spinach
What to do:
1. in a soup pot, heat oil over medium-high heat. Saute onion, carrot, and celery 6 to 8 minutes, or until tender.
2. Add remaining ingredients except spinach and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, and simmer 20 minutes. Stir in spinach and serve.
Recipe and Image from the Mr. Food Test Kitchen
© 2018 Ginsburg Enterprises Incorporated. All rights reserved.
For more great recipe ideas, visit mrfood.com.